Pukka Herbs sell a range of organic herbal remedies and award-winning teas, and promote Ayurvedic living, 'the art of living wisely'. The company are committed to sustainable organic farming, fair trade and personal well-being.
The scope of the project was to cover the design, build, and implementation of a new content managed, ecommerce enabled website for Pukka Herbs.
Specific goals to acheive included the following:
- To deliver a dynamic, scalable content and ecommerce management system.
- To provide a browseable, searchable catalogue, with advanced merchandising.
- To provide a seamless, easy transaction and order management process.
- To provide back office and fulfilment processes with increased accuracy.
- To ensure an enjoyable shopping experience to project core brand values.
- To provide community focused content, providing an immersive site experience.
- To ensure search engine optimisation throughout.
- To increase the visibility of the Pukka Herbs website to exceed targets
- To track, measure, and report on user behaviour and buying habits.
- To continually test and optimise product pages, and the checkout process.
The WORKSsitebuilder Solution
The WORKSsitebuilder CMS solution for Pukka Herbs provided core content management functionality and e-commerce features to deliver a stable, well-structured, easily manageable, and fully e-commerce enabled website. The website design was developed to deliver an attractive and intuitively structured site, allowing users to access information quickly and accurately, and maximising product sales. As well as the importance of usability, careful consdiration was given to establishing credibility, trust, and the projection of Pukka Herbs' brand values. Elements of functionality of most significance included the following:
Content Delivery - WORKSsitebuilder enabled Pukka Herbs to categorise site content according to the different themes and content types in order to dynamically deliver related content and products. Pukka Herbs were able to incorporate articles, news, FAQs, and resources on Ayurvedic living to provide a depth of search engine friendly content, and to ensure an immersive site experience.
eCommerce - WORKSsitebuilder ecommerce tools facilitated the easy management of product pages and categorisation; basket and checkout processes; customer registration and account handling; payments and accounting; and order fulfillment.
Testing - Product pages and checkout processes were optimised through comprehensive multivariate testing. This reduced shopping cart abandonment and helped to improve sales conversions.
The Pukka Herbs WORKSsitebuilder ecommerce solution has provided a quick return both through increasing sales, and administrative cost-savings. The delivery of optimised product pages and a depth of search engine friendly pages has provided an increasing level of targeted traffic and improving conversion ratios. The client testimonials have also reinforced the analytics data to show a very positive success story for this project.